- Resources for New Employees
- Time and Absence Management
- On the Job
- Leaving JHU
- School of Medicine Work Rules - Clinical Operations
The following steps outline how a supervisor should assist a staff member in exiting the university. If a supervisor is unavailable, an officially designated person ("designee") should complete this procedure.
Your assistance and cooperation in the exit process is important to the success and security of the university.
Questions about the exit process may be referred to your Central Human Resources office or Human Resources manager.
Central Human Resources for Homewood Schools
Johns Hopkins @ Eastern
1101 East 33rd Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
Central Human Resources for Health Sciences (including School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and School of Nursing)
The Church Professional Office Building
98 North Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21231
Phone: 410-955-2990 (School of Medicine)
Phone: 410-955-3006 (Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and School of Nursing)
- Employees resign by submitting a letter of resignation.
- TO BE COMPLETED WITHIN 3 DAYS OF RECEIPT OF NOTICE OF VOLUNTARY RESIGNATION
The supervisor must submit a copy of the letter of resignation to the appropriate Human Resources manager and the Central Human Resources office.
- To officially terminate an employee, the supervisor / designee immediately submits a copy of the letter of resignation to the administrative office responsible for processing the employee's termination ISR.