Log-In Security for W-2 Retrieval
IT @ Johns Hopkins continues to introduce new safeguards to help protect your online identity when you access systems at Johns Hopkins. We are now requiring Enterprise Step-Up Authentication (ESA) for you to access your W-2 electronically.
Remember that ESA adds another layer of security to better protect both your identity and access to your employment information. In addition to logging in with your JHED ID and password, you will be prompted either to answer a secret question or to enter a one-time passcode.
Advantages of electronically furnished W-2's include:
- Your W-2 will be available sooner than a printed copy.
- When your W-2 is available, a notification will be sent to the email address you provide at the time you register.
- Your W-2 can be printed from the Web and/or saved as a PDF file on your computer.
- You can import your W-2 directly into tax software such as TurboTax.
- You can reprint a copy of your current W-2 during the year free of charge.
To register to receive your W-2 electronically, go to https://login.johnshopkins.edu/w2/ . You will receive an email in mid-to-late January letting you know when your W-2 is available on the Web. No action is required if you registered in a past year to receive your W-2 electronically. However, if your email has changed or you would like to verify what is currently on file, use the link above.
For more information, including instructions on registering your computer for ESA, please read the ESA Help Document online.
If you have any questions about ESA or accessing your W-2 electronically, please contact the Help Desk (5-HELP)