Plan for Annual Enrollment
Planning is a critical step in the enrollment process. It’s important to research your coverage options, use available resources, and consider what’s best for you and your family.
The JHU Benefits website is your primary resource for benefits and Annual Enrollment updates. From this site you can find plan details and access our benefits tools. Regardless of whether you are enrolling or changing coverage, here are some key steps you need you take between October 22 and November 12.
- Review the myChoices tab on benefits.jhu.edu to read about what’s changing for 2015 and, when you’re ready, begin the enrollment process.
- To compare changes in premiums from 2014 to 2015 use the Health Care Premium Net Impact tool. This clickable pdf lets you see the change in your contribution to medical plan coverage based on your salary and the plan you select.
- Use the Medical Plan Coverage Comparison to see your medical plan options side-by-side. Consider whether your current coverage worked well for you this past year. Depending on your needs for the upcoming year, you may want to change your plan or coverage level.
- Use the Medical Plan Cost Estimator to estimate your out-of-pocket health care costs in 2015 and your Flexible Spending Account contributions.
- Confirm that your personal, dependent and beneficiary information is up-to-date.
- Review your current FSA elections. If you want to participate in an FSA for 2015, you must enroll. However, unused 2014 Health Care FSA funds (up to $500) will automatically roll over into the 2015 plan year, regardless of whether you actively enroll.