Organization Development Services
Our Organization Development team works with leaders to develop multiple mechanisms for changing behavior and improving organizational effectiveness.
- Strategic planning and goal setting
- Retreat design and facilitation
- Organization assessment and redesign
- Group conflict management and team building
- Role definition and negotiation
- Diversity consultation
- Leadership coaching
- Work climate assessment
- Process analysis and redesign
- Mission and vision development
- Program evaluation and curriculum development
Our clients are the senior leaders and managers of the university, those who design and oversee whole organizational systems. The Organization Development Center of Expertise helps clients implement and manage a wide range of change-related issues effectively and efficiently.
Through intensive processes of assessment, goal setting, and evaluation of organizational systems, we can provide leaders with the tools they need for comprehensive reflection and re-envisioning of their organizations.
We serve as an internal group of experienced, specialized consultants charged to support the initiatives of senior leadership and help leverage projects in alignment with other improvement efforts taking place throughout the university.
I'm a manager. When should I call TMOD and ask for OD assistance?
Typically, a unit could benefit from the assistance of the Organization Development Center of Expertise in the following situations:
- Before undertaking a change project that will affect many others
- After receiving suggestions from audits, self-studies, or external reviews
- During a transition of leadership
- When merging with or splitting from another unit
- During periods of rapid growth in scope, funding, or size
- As you consider what is next for your organization in 3–5 years
- When concerned about ongoing departures and turnover
- If conflicts are excessive and interfering with getting the work done
- When frustration is mounting from too many problems, demands, and challenges
- When clients, customers, leaders or other stakeholders are dissatisfied with results
- When the same problem persists, despite changes in individual leaders, faculty, or staff
- If your group seems to lack a shared set of goals or when people are confused about the direction of the unit
Leaders can't afford to ignore issues that detract from their organizations, nor those that could become more serious problems if not handled effectively. If you believe your unit could benefit from our services, please contact us to see how we may help.
For additional information on Organization Development services:
Talent Management and Organization Development
1101 East 33rd Street, Suite C120
Baltimore, Maryland 21218
- Learning and Development services: 443-997-6800
- Talent Management and Organization Development services:
- For School of Nursing, School of Public Health, and School of Medicine: 443-997-8687
- For all other locations: 443-997-4083