Employment Eligibility Verification / I-9
To comply with Federal laws, all employees hired after November 6, 1986 must complete a Form I-9 and provide evidence of identity and employment authorization to document they are authorized to work in the United States. The Form I-9 must be completed within three business days of the first day of work for pay. All employees hired on or after November 15, 2009 must also be E-verified – an internet-based employment verification system operated by the Department of Homeland Security and in conjunction with the Social Security Administration.
Johns Hopkins University does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, in compliance with Federal law.
A human resources staff member from your division will contact you to ensure the I-9 process is completed within your first three days on the job.
- Johns Hopkins University Form I-9 & E-Verify Guide
- Employee Instructions for Completing the I-9
- Fast Facts: Click Fast Facts than "HR/Payroll Administration" search for "i-9"
- University I-9 Users
- Instructions to Employee Completing the Form I-9 at a Remote Location
- Instructions for the Notary Public
- International I-9 Guide and Reference Manual