Earned Income Credit (February 2014)
Employees may be entitled to claim an Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) on their 2013 federal and Maryland income tax returns if both their federal adjusted gross income and their earned income is less than:
• $46,227 (for married filing jointly $51,567) - if you have three or more qualifying children
• $43,038 (for married filing jointly $48,378) - if you have two qualifying children
• $37,870 (for married filing jointly $43,210) - if you have one qualifying child
• $14,340 (for married filing jointly $19,680) - if you do not have a qualifying child
For more information please visit www.irs.gov or www.marylandtaxes.com. More...
Beginning in May, the links available on ‘myPayroll ‘will be changing. Gone will be the ‘MyPay’ link to the ADP pay stub view; replacing it will be the ESS link to Johns Hopkins’ on-line payroll service called Employee Self Service (ESS).
Some other important things resulting from this change:
- You will be able to view your stubs from one to two days before payday
- You will no longer receive an email to let you know your check is ready to be viewed
- ESS has three years of your old checks available for review
Log into ESS @: https://my.johnshopkins.edu
(Log in and click on “My Payroll” then “ESS”. Pay advices are usually available for viewing in ESS up to 48 hours before the actual pay day)