Register to Receive Your W-2 Electronically (March 2014)
Don't waste time at the mailbox waiting for a paper W-2 to be delivered by mail! You can go on the web and register to receive your W-2 online. It's that simple!
• Your W-2 can be printed from the web and/or saved as a PDF file on your computer
• You can import your W-2 directly into tax software such as TurboTax
• You can reprint a copy of your current W-2 during the year free of charge
No action is required if you registered in a past year to receive your W-2 electronically. However, if your email has changed or it needs to be checked to verify what is currently on file, use the link below.
To register to receive your W-2 electronically, go to https://login.johnshopkins.edu/w2/ More...
Review your payroll and update your information (February 2014)
It’s important to review your payroll information on a regular basis but especially as you prepare for year end. Here are some tools to assist in reviewing your data and obtaining future information. More...
Register to receive your W-2 electronically (February 2014)
Don’t waste time at the mailbox waiting for a paper W-2 to be delivered by mail! You can go on the web and register to receive your W-2 online. It’s that simple! More...
Earned Income Credit (February 2014)
Employees may be entitled to claim an Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) on their 2013 federal and Maryland income tax returns if both their federal adjusted gross income and their earned income is less than:
• $46,227 (for married filing jointly $51,567) - if you have three or more qualifying children
• $43,038 (for married filing jointly $48,378) - if you have two qualifying children
• $37,870 (for married filing jointly $43,210) - if you have one qualifying child
• $14,340 (for married filing jointly $19,680) - if you do not have a qualifying child
For more information please visit www.irs.gov or www.marylandtaxes.com. More...
Tax Exempt status will expire on February 15, 2014 (February 2014)
If an employee is currently claiming exempt for their Federal or State withholding, that exemption will expire on February 15th. Employees that wish to continue their exempt status are required by law to supply their employer with new tax withholding forms for each year.
Please visit Employee Self Service (ESS) at http://ssc.jhmi.edu/hr_payroll/ess_home.html to update your tax information prior to 2/15/2014. More...
Beginning in May, the links available on ‘myPayroll ‘will be changing. Gone will be the ‘MyPay’ link to the ADP pay stub view; replacing it will be the ESS link to Johns Hopkins’ on-line payroll service called Employee Self Service (ESS).
Some other important things resulting from this change:
- You will be able to view your stubs from one to two days before payday
- You will no longer receive an email to let you know your check is ready to be viewed
- ESS has three years of your old checks available for review
Log into ESS @: https://my.johnshopkins.edu
(Log in and click on “My Payroll” then “ESS”. Pay advices are usually available for viewing in ESS up to 48 hours before the actual pay day)