A New Workplace Mediation Program
Do you have communication problems with your supervisor or a coworker? Are you having disagreements with an employee over how things should be done or who should do what? Are your work style and personality incompatible with those of your supervisor or a co-worker? Are you involved in any workplace conflict that you just cannot resolve on your own? Mediation offers you an opportunity for resolution. The University is introducing a new voluntary mediation process to eligible staff as a form of alternative dispute resolution, or ADR, to resolve workplace conflicts.
The goal of mediation is to bring people together with trained mediators in an informal, neutral setting and to enhance communication and understanding. The mediation process includes:
- an opportunity for participants to speak for themselves and be heard,
- identification of issues to be resolved in mediation,
- generation of alternatives for resolution,
- identifying areas of agreement,
- and, if participants desire, writing a resolution agreement