Back to article list

You Wanted to Know – Tips on Working with WageWorks

Based on some of the write-in comments from our 2011 Benefits Survey, some of our faculty and staff would like tips and pointers on working with WageWorks, our Flexible Spending Account (FSA) administrator. Here are some simple guidelines that should simplify the use of your Health and/or Dependent Care FSA:

  1. Go to and create an account. By creating an account, you will have easy access to your FSA balance and claims forms, and the option to pay online.
  2. Throughout the year, make sure you save all of your receipts, since documentation will be required to substantiate a claim. If you do not have a receipt, you may not receive reimbursement.
  3. Know which expenses are eligible. Log in to your account at to view a list of eligible health and dependent care expenses, so you can get the most from your FSA.
  4. Use your WageWorks Reimbursement Card whenever it is accepted. The card works like a debit card, and can be easily used to pay your doctor or qualified merchants directly. Remember to follow-up your use of the card with the required documentation.
  5. You can pay online for many of your eligible expenses directly from your FSA with no need to fill out paper forms. You must create an account on to pay online.
  6. Filing a claim can be the most difficult part. If you have an account on the WageWorks website, you can submit a claim electronically and upload all the supporting documentation online. If you choose to submit a paper claim by fax or mail, go to and click "Claim Forms" to download the appropriate forms.
  7. The deadline to file for 2011 reimbursement is April 30, 2012. You will only be reimbursed for expenses incurred in 2011.

For step-by-step directions on how to use your WageWorks Reimbursement Card, pay online, or file a claim,
click here.

Back to top

Back to article list