Plan for Annual Enrollment
Planning is a critical step in the enrollment process. It’s important to research your coverage options, use available resources, and consider what’s best for you and your family.
The JHU Benefits website is your primary resource for benefits and Annual Enrollment updates. From this site you can find plan details and access our benefits tools. Regardless of whether you are enrolling or changing coverage, here are some key steps you need you take between now and November 11.
- Attend a Town Hall or listen to the Town Hall FastFacts to hear important information from the Benefits team.
- Review the myChoices tab on benefits.jhu.edu to read about what’s changing for 2016, review what you need to do and, when you’re ready, take action to begin the enrollment process.
- Use the Medical Plan Coverage Comparison tool (MPCC) to see how your medical plan options compare side-by-side. Consider whether your current coverage worked well for you this past year. Depending on your needs for the upcoming year, you may want to change your plan or coverage level.
- Confirm that your personal, dependent and beneficiary information is up-to-date.
- Review your current FSA elections. If you want to participate in an FSA for 2016, you must enroll. However, unused 2015 Health Care FSA funds (up to $500) will automatically roll over into the 2016 plan year, regardless of whether you actively enroll.
- Find full plan details in the Health and Welfare Handbook and Summaries of Benefits and Coverage (SBCs).