Steps for Making Your Retirement Choice
There are several important steps that need to be completed by April 15, 2011 if you are eligible for Retirement Choice.
Step 2: Find out what retirement experts have to say by listening to the Retirement Choice Town Hall Fast Facts or attending a Retirement Choice Fair on either March 22 at East Baltimore's Turner Concourse or March 25 at the Homewood Glass Pavilion.
Step 3: Go online to the Retirement Choice Tool to compare what your retirement benefits might look like under the two options: Option 1: Support Staff Pension Plan and Staff Voluntary 403(b) Plan and Option 2: new Johns Hopkins University Plan. You will need to make some important investment decisions if you choose to participate in the new 403(b) Plan, such as which investment companies you would like to invest with, and which funds you wish to invest in. To help you make these important decisions, you can:
- Visit the enrollment page of the myChoices site
- Attend a Retirement Choice Fair on either March 22 at East Baltimore's Turner Concourse or March 25 at, the Homewood Glass Pavilion
- Schedule a one-on-one counseling session with a plan representative.
For more information about the vendors available to you, go to Choosing an Investment Company for 403(b) Plan Contributions.
Step 4: Submit your choice using the online Retirement Choice Tool by April 15, 2011.
Important points to remember:
- You can change your selection by using the Choice Tool any time during the Choice Period (March 18 – April 15, 2011). Your last choice will be your final one.
- This decision is irrevocable, so you will not be able to change your decision after the Choice Period has ended on April 15, 2011.
- If you choose not to make a choice, you will remain in your current plans and will not be able to change plans in the future.
We encourage you to take advantage of the resources available to you so that you can feel confident about your decision when it comes time to make your selection.