Partnership with Y of Central Maryland Benefits Johns Hopkins
The Office of Work, Life and Engagement manages a partnership with the Y of Central Maryland that discounts membership fees and reserves up to 50 spaces in Y Journeys at Weinberg, an early childhood development program. Consider joining the Y as part of a healthy lifestyle.
If you are already a member, you can receive a discount on your monthly fee by presenting your Hopkins ID at the membership services desk of your local Y.) If you are looking for a preschool program for your child, check out Y Journeys at Weinberg to see if it meets your childcare needs. Johns Hopkins’ partnership with the Y of Central Maryland supports fitness and quality childcare—two important components of work-life effectiveness.
Y of Central Maryland Membership
JHU faculty and staff can join the Y of Central Maryland with no initiation fee (a $99 savings) and a reduced monthly cost as low as $44/month (individual) and $64/month (family); no contract required. (Contact your local Y for more details.)
Y Membership Privileges include:
- Access to all 11 Y of Central Maryland Family Center Y's
- Use of pools and fitness centers seven days a week
- Priority program registration
- Free classes available
- Free access to FitLinxx® digital tracking system
- Reduced fees on Y classes
- Reduced fees on Y Journeys camp
- Reduced fees on Y Journeys early childhood and before & after school programs
- Free enrollment into the exclusive member rewards program, Y Buys
- Free Stay-n-Play supervised activity room for little ones while you exercise (for family membership holders)
- Use of the A.W.A.Y. program (privileges at hundreds of Y's across the country)
To learn more about what the Y of Central Maryland has to offer, visit: http://www.ymaryland.org/.
Y Journeys in Early Childhood Development at Weinberg
Spaces are reserved in the Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Family Y Early Childhood Development Center for full-time, benefitted Johns Hopkins faculty and staff.
Y Journeys in Early Childhood Development focuses on the developmental and educational needs of the young child – with an emphasis on school-readiness and fun! Using the Core Knowledge Preschool Sequence, Y staff teach skills related to school-readiness as measured by the Maryland State Department of Education.
Y Journeys at Weinberg is conveniently located near both the Homewood and East Baltimore campuses on East 33rd Street in Waverly. In order to reserve a spot for your child you must contact the Office of Work, Life and Engagement at 443-997-7000 or email@example.com.