It’s Time for Retirement Choice
Retirement Choice is here for eligible support staff. From March 18 – April 15, 2011, support staff members have a one-time opportunity to choose how to accrue future retirement benefits beginning July 1, 2011. There are two options:
- Option 1: Support Staff Pension Plan and Staff Voluntary 403(b) Plan (the current plan(s))
- Option 2: Johns Hopkins University 403(b) Plan (the new plan) Wondering if you are eligible for Retirement Choice? See our eligibility matrix for more information.
There are several different factors to consider when determining which plan will be best for you. You want to think about how long you plan to stay with the university, your expected salary increases, and how comfortable you are with risk and managing your own investments.
There are many resources available to help make an informed decision:
- myChoices website at benefits.jhu.edu/mychoices
- Retirement Choice Tool, which will be posted on the myChoices site beginning March 18 (when the Retirement Choice period opens)
- Retirement Choice Town Hall FastFacts
- Retirement Choice Fairs
- Investment company websites
- One-on-one counseling sessions with plan representatives
- Retirement Choice Decision Guide
- Retirement Education Seminars
- Benefits Service Center at 410-516-2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember, if you do not make your selection during the Choice Period, you will remain in your current plan(s) and will not have the opportunity to change plans in the future.