Back to article list

Spending your 2012 WageWorks Account – Last Minute Tip

With the deadline for submitting 2012 claims to WageWorks coming quickly on April 30, here is a last minute tip for spending a small remaining balance in your Health Care FSA. Did you know that you can submit mileage claims for going to the doctor or pharmacy? Here is how it works.

Submit the claim for mileage along with a Pay Me Back form or with the Explanation of Benefits (EOB). Claims will need to be associated with a date of service. Many online mapping services will detail your route and mileage from home to the provider. WageWorks will require the following for your mileage claim:

  • Date of service
  • Type of service (Doctor's visit, trip to pharmacy, etc.)
  • Actual mileage and rate (16 miles round trip @ 23¢/mile)
  • Total amount being requested (16 x .23 = $3.68).

The IRS mileage reimbursement rate for medical care incurred in 2012 is as follows:
1/1/2012 – 12/31/2012 $.23 per mile

Should you have any questions, contact WageWorks customer service at 1-877-924-3967 before April 30, 2013.

Back to top

Back to article list